Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fishing for Love in the Mormon State

Park City Utah - Rachel gets the first one on one date with Beeny the Weiney.  Park City is just lovely.  Who's been there?  I have never, however I would partake in it.  Kacie B. is not handling the other dates well, and understandably so.  I'll tell you what I don't like about this show - the short timeline that they are allowed to get to know each other.  6-8 weeks?  I mean c'mon.  How are you really supposed to get to know them in that time?  It took Kate over a month to get her first smooch from me back in Summer of '99.  And even then I only did it because of a dare.  It was all down the tube from there.  I will not allow Erin Jr. to play truth or dare...it was my demise.

I wonder what Ben and the girls are thinking when they're heading out to a date.  I doubt they have any clue what it's going to be...and they're probably just hoping it doesn't involve sky diving or swimming with sharks.  Although I think those dates the ones where you really get to know a girl.  How are you supposed to see a girl's true feelings in a vineyard or by yourself in a canoe?  That is, unless you throw her overboard.  That possibly needed to happen here on this date.  Rachel and Bean talked about really intimate stuff, like beaver dams and general building construction.  It ain't going well...let's put ourselves out of our misery.  Cut the ties before they get too snug.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he blew it.  His only hope is for a bear to come along.  Doesn't happen though. 

The group date is in the great outdoors.  I don't really foresee him as Al Boreland/an outdoorsman...especially when he rode up on the horse and said, "today is going to be rad", I guess that's Californian-outdoors-talk.  These ladies need a real man....like a blogger.  I've got lots of good memories in waders....only difference is mine is always with a large group of men instead of women.  I prefer it that way.  Side note, everytime we see Monica, she has a sweet hair bun, or sometimes it looks like it's literally tied in a bow, at all times of the day.  It didn't look like Courtney's catch was legit...I'll have to check my inside sources.  Unless they didn't start filming it until like 10 minutes after she actually hooked it...trout don't just give up like that.  AND, they let it die when it was probably in a catch and release area.  I hope they got caught by the park ranger. 

Nicki Nick is near the bottom of our list.  I don't think I see a future with her or the pant-suit jacket that she wore.  Her and Monica need the boot.  And now Samantha comes in and knocks it out of the park.  The look on her face during their conversation can only be described as........uhh whattt?  According to my inside sources, Samantha's departure was not because Benny didn't like her....but rather because she was geting a little too close to some (one) of the folks behind the scenes.  I believe it...where there's smoke, there's fire.  And Courtney's unibrow.  Kacie and Benny love each other, she's definitely one of the front runners.  You can tell they just get along together and it's not awkward between them. 

Who else likes Courtney's facial expressions?  They remind me of Jessica Simpson when she sings (see image above).  Benny and Jennifer get the other one on one date.  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, you go girl.  Represent the 405 lady.  She's rocking the bikini in the fall, so kudoz to her.  I don't start getting my bikini body ready (along with spray tanning) until March.  Now this is a real date....let's get some fear and emotion involved.  That's when we really get to know each other.  And we all know how those harnesses fit on guys, so Jennifer probably liked that aspect.  They have a lovely time in the crater (I would have been scared for fish biting my toes).  And they have a good discussion at dinner.  Ben clearly realizes the kind of girl she is.  She really is a kind and genuine girl, which I think all guys deep down want.  Sure the Michelle Moneys are great, but in the end, we want a Molly Malaney.  Ben knows this, so he gives Jennifer a rose.  Good job Benjy, and great job Jennifer.  LYLAS girl, holler at me soon so we can chat. 

Alright I'm really hacked off.  I just spent like 30 minutes watching and typing my synopsis of the rose ceremony...and somehow I selected the text and deleted it.  Definitely an amateur/female move right there, so please forgive me.  My re-synopsis probably won't be as good this time around though.  Obviously this whole event is about the Evil Uni-Court.  Emily is so concerned that she falls into the trap of worrying about the other ladies.  Can't do it...it's a downward spiral.  Ben even warned her.  Certainly we all agree with her, but it probably would have been better for her to just focus on her and Benny's relationship and let the cards fall.  And if she doesn't get a rose, THEN take a minute and give him a warning.  That's been done before and is the best strategy.  Courtney's facial expressions make it seem like she has multiple personalities...perhaps she does (or...they do?)  And somehow throughout all of this, MONICA has now become the house therapist!  The girl, who during the first episode, we weren't sure which team she was on, or which side of the road she drives on, or if she played softball at PC North in Oklahoma City like Kate did.......now she is the voice of reason.  Love it.

Monica does NOT receive a rose at the ceremony.  Here's my take:  Nicki shouldn't have gotten one, the spark is only a small ash in that relationshp.  Emily got lucky and has a chance to redeem herself.  Monica's departure is not a surprise.  I don't think she was terribly upset, and will likely be calling Blakely when the show is over.  Jamie also is dangerously flying low. 

Front Runners:  Kacie B, Jennifer, Lindzi

Sleeper:  Elyse

They should film the Bachelor in Utah for every episode....the state of Utah is like the tv show, only in real life - one man has multiple women all clamering for him.  Ben should stay in Utah, and just pick several of them right now, marry them all, and be done with it! 

XOXO

Bachelor Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment