Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 3 – You Can’t Hate Mother Teresa


Well we’re already to the third week.  I apologize for being a day late – I was in Tulsa until late last night so I wasn’t able to watch this week live.  However it wasn’t too bad, because this is one of the few shows where I can get on our treadmill and just run for days while watching.  There’s just something about love that gets in your legs and loins and keeps you going.  Kate and I are training for the OKC Marathon later in the Spring (well, Kate’s only doing the Half…what a bum), and I might just re-watch all of the episodes combined during one of our 20 mile, Saturday morning runs….but probably not.

I want to focus on the episodes themselves from now on, and probably will not do a break-down of each and every girl, mainly because a lot of them don’t have much to say.  I will still hit the highlights on some of the ladies that each episode focuses on, but unfortunately, some of the ladies just don’t get on the camera.  The episode starts out with the ladies on camera, early in the morning – this is always a tell-tale sign of who is wife material.  Brad does not want to marry someone who looks like a rose at night, and wakes up as a weed!  I am fortunate to have a hunny who goes to sleep a rose, and wakes up a 4 leaf clover (something that is sooooooooooo rare).  There were a few ladies who clearly are naturally beautiful – Shawntel, Emily and Jackie all stood out to me.  I won’t say any names of the ladies who I was disappointed with……………………………………….Alli/Michelle/Sarah P.  But we all have our good days and our bad, this was not one of their stronger mornings. 

We all now have our favorites (Emily….cough cough), our second favorites (Shawntel…cough, cough), and those that need to be “left out in the desert” (Michelle….COUGH, COUGH!!!). 

Michelle is a Nut Job, alright people?  I’m really thinking she could have been brought on the show and paid to cause trouble and stir up drama.  Granted, there’s always going to be drama when you get that many girls together in one house.  But don’t think that the Bachelor producers wouldn’t slip someone $5K if they played their “role” they were asked to play.  Think about it…Rozlyn caused huge controversies on last season’s show and the ratings jumped.  Who knows if that whole shenanigan wasn’t all planned out either.  It’s Hollywood people – the only thing real about this show is the LOVE and the plastic surgery. 

Shawntel is one of my favorites.  She excelled in the sweet Action movie that the group made during the group date.  She came out of her shell a little and put the moves on Bradley.  She was his knight in shining armor.  Obviously Brad noticed this by giving her the single rose on the big, group date.  I was surprised and happy to see this.  Of course I thought it was going to Michelle, after she was seducing him.  But it appears our fearless Bachelor does have a brain and can potentially see some problems with her as a wife.  There are definitely other ladies in the group who seem to be top notch wife/cook material, and I think Shawntel is one of them.  He might persuade her to do a name change though, but that’s a minor detail. 

I just don’t get excited about Ashley S.  Yes, Brad gave her a rose on their individual date, but c’mon, she’s not a bottom feeder.  Only the bottom feeders don’t get roses on the individual dates.  Brad might be one of the worst singers I’ve ever heard.  Him trying to sing Seal’s “Kiss from a Rose” was really hurting my ears.  I mean it was just awful.  Poor Ashley had to endure it, so I guess she deserved a rose for that.  Ya know, I think Brad likes her, but I don’t think Ashley has the firepower to be there at the end.  I think he’s fond of her enough to work her way through, but I’d be surprised if she got passed the top 6.  I do like her more than Ashley H. though….she seems like a handful and borderline annoying.

Emily is like this itsie, bitsie Barbie doll with the soul of Mother Teresa.  Quote of the night from Alli, “…you want to hate her, but you can’t, because you can’t hate Mother Teresa.  You gotta love her, so…..no one hates Emily….great, awesome.”  That pretty much sums it up for Emily.  She accidentally cusses on her date and it does sound like Mother Teresa said it herself.  I was pretty surprised with how their date started off.  She clearly was nervous and I think the cameras got to her.  It was probably the most awkward date he’d been on…at first.  Finally, later in the evening she opened up about her story and I think she felt relieved.  When she was able to talk about her little daughter Ricky Bobby, she really was happy.  I don’t think her history will deter Brad at all, I really think if you held a gun to his head, Emily would be in his top Two.  But I could potentially see some issues down the road with Emily – trust issues, perhaps not being able to completely move on, etc.  She would be a shoo-in for the next Bachelorette, but I think she’s similar to Tenley, in that she really might be too nice for it.  Tenley dreamt in cartoons, and I think Emily dreams in romantic-comedies, such as Dumb and Dumber.

Madison came out of left field and drops a bomb on us.  For some reason, Emily’s story hits home with her and makes her realize “something”.  I’m wondering if maybe she has a mister back at home (named Edward Cullen) that she is really missing?  Sounds like Emily’s story made her realize that she shouldn’t wait for tomorrow.  It’s sad…I was just starting to like the fangs………

Yesssssssssssssss, Lisa just got chosen.  She’s one of my sleepers.  She STILL has not gotten a lot of camera time which is not good, but I’m hoping that she’ll start picking it up.  I think they look like a good pair, but we just haven’t gotten to see them intimately talk to each other and really learn about each other.  I’m glad Bradley is on the same wavelength as I am though.  Now if he will just get rid of a few of these poor blondes…

Alright, Kimberly just got booted off the show and she does the typical diva fairwell…. “Brad’s loss…I could go out and start dating someone tomorrow and be fine with it….”, blah blah blah.  Really?  Why in the world did you probably quit your job to come on this show then?  Her bio says that she hates it when a guy is really into her, but she’s not into him at all.  Well, her words have now come back to haunt her as she just got kicked to the curb!  One blonde down….only a few more to go…

So, we’ve gotten to know most of the ladies pretty well, some of them still haven’t gotten much camera time.  Obviously the ones with stories (Emily) or drama (Michelle) or curves (Chantal) are going to get more face time.  But, we’ve at least been able to make some informed decisions at this point.  We’re down to 14 girls…there are probably 5 girls who are still on the show due to number requirements, probably 5 girls who are “in the running” perhaps, and then I think 4 girls who have a legitimate shot at a ring.

Sooooooo, here are my top Four at this point, in no particular order:  Shawntel, Emily, Lisa, and Jackie.  But, realistically, I think Chantal and Ashley S. both have decent shots, when it comes to Brad’s opinion.  He does seem to fancy those two quite a lot.  So who are your top 4?  Leave a comment and let me know why.  If anyone picks the final TWO contestants, you’ll receive a year’s supply of roses courtesy of The Bachelor….I promise.  Lastly, I heard a funny joke the other day……women’s rights. 

XOXO

The Bachelor Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment